Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That

I'm listening to The Current's top 89 albums for 2007, and at #61 is The Good, The Bad & The Queen. That's lot, IMO, but it makes me blissfully happy that they're playing the title track from that album as the song representing it. It's one of my favorite songs from the past few years.

It also helps that for the first time in 10 years, I did not celebrate the new year under the influence of anything. I even went to the gym at 7 this morning. Yay!

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=284824#p284824

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8540

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Center Street, which runs in Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, and Brookfield, is not named because of its relatively central location. It's named after Alexander Center, who surveyed the first two roads in Wisconsin in the 1830s.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I hate all the kids that go to Coffee Houses and order that blended coffee drinks and think they are mature because they "like coffee". Granted I do love me some Espresso Shakes from Alterra, but please drinking something where you can't taste the espresso or coffee really isn't liking coffee.

And what's with the Majestic movie theater? It must be the "hip place" for all the teenagers. Man I feel old....

Cally me crazy, but I've often felt it would be hilarious to go into the bathroom in a crowded bar and stand in front of the urinal and then dance.

all right, so I'm guessing you've already tried this...

also, smoking is apparently hard to quit. almost ironic that it's hard to stop something that has absolutely zero benefits, physically or socially. I have yet to meet the smoker who actually enjoys smoking.

I thoroughly enjoy smoking. It's not even about the nicotine anymore. I don't promote it, and in the big picture I don't like the fact that I'm a smoker, but I really like cigarettes.

I probably shouldn't start gambling.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

And I do not hate jazz!

You probably should. If DJ Jazzy Jeff is any indication of what Jazz has to offer.

I've been unable to use this site for so long so I had to read back over some of these...and this one shocked me. Please tell me you're joking FTJ. He's as much an indication of what jazz has to offer as Kenny G. And Pat Metheny set him straight.

For the record, my username has nothing to do with DJ Jazzy Jeff.

~Nottso

My roommate has the tendency to not wake up to his alarm clock right away even though it is turned up loud enough that it puts the fear of God into anyone in the house (besides him of course). Anyway, this morning his alarm happened to go off while the radio station it was tuned to was in the middle of a Nickleback song. The Nickleback song played for at least 2 minutes. This is the worst possible way to be woken up.

My roommate has the tendency to not wake up to his alarm clock right away even though it is turned up loud enough that it puts the fear of God into anyone in the house (besides him of course).
Are you my roommate?

~Nottso

My roommate has the tendency to not wake up to his alarm clock right away even though it is turned up loud enough that it puts the fear of God into anyone in the house (besides him of course). Anyway, this morning his alarm happened to go off while the radio station it was tuned to was in the middle of a Nickleback song. The Nickleback song played for at least 2 minutes. This is the worst possible way to be woken up.

I'm that guy. I usually set my alarm to an ambisious time to wake up, and usually get up just in time to beat my roomate into the shower...

last night was my first experience of uncomfortably passing by an ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend in a bar (by myself or with a dude friend in the past, which is a sucky feeling). But this time my arm was around a girl who honestly could have been a magazine model.

i never knew how freeing a feeling that could be. the model isn't my girlfriend, either, but she let me borrow her for five minutes.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Center Street, which runs in Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, and Brookfield, is not named because of its relatively central location. It's named after Alexander Center, who surveyed the first two roads in Wisconsin in the 1830s. "

I grew up near Center St and never knew that. Guess I didn't think to question the street name's origins. So does this mean that 81st street is named after Bob 81st?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

When people buy loaves of bread, does anyone eat the end pieces? I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it, they might as well take them out before they're sold.

If you use one of them in the middle of the sandwich, it's kinda like a Big Mac.

~Nottso

Archived